Sweet Potato Bun Hot Dogs
- 2 links of Teton Waters Ranch Polish Brats
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Toppings: sautéed onions yellow mustard, ketchup, kale chips, etc.
- Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes and pat them dry.
- Poke holes in them with a fork 3-4 times on all sides.
- Wrap each potato in plastic wrap, making sure the potato is completely sealed inside.
- Depending on the size of your potatoes, microwave them for 8-12 minutes—until they give
- slightly when squeezed.
- Remove potatoes from the microwave, and let sit until they are cool enough to handle.
- Cook your sausage in your favorite way (stovetop, grill, oven, microwave, etc.)
- Carefully, slice each sweet potato vertically down the middle. Only cutting about halfway down.
- Gently place the cooked sausage inside the cut you just made in the sweet potato. (You may
- need to use your hands to gently pull the two sides of the sweet potato apart a little more.)
- Add your toppings and enjoy!