Shrimp and Andouille Sausage Jambalaya
- 1 package of Teton Waters Ranch Spicy andouille sausage This isn’t just sausage, it’s the sausage. Andouille is a staple of creole cooking and Teton Waters Ranch andouille sausage makes the perfect addition to this recipe!
- 1 pound of raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1.5 cups uncooked brown or white rice (long or short grain can be used), rinse it to help it clump less
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 stalks of celery diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 green bell peppers cored and diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and finely diced
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced okra
- Brown the sausage according to directions on package, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Defrost okra, if frozen, according to directions on package, and set aside.
- Using a pot or large stir fry pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté the onion, bell pepper, celery, jalapeno, and garlic until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the uncooked rice, chicken stock, crushed tomatoes & Cajun seasoning. Mix & continue cooking until it reaches a simmer and then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes (until the rice is cooked well), mixing every 5 minutes or so to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Add the okra and shrimp. Then, cook for a final 3 or so minutes (until the shrimp is no longer translucent).
- Mix in the star of the show – Teton Waters Ranch andouille sausage.
- Salt & Pepper to taste, remove from heat, and garnish generously with parsley.