Halloween Paleo Grass-Fed Hot Dog Spiders
These Paleo Spider Hot Dogs will keep the kids entertained while offering them a hearty meal. After your kids get one look at these, they’ll have a new favorite meal!
- 4 Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Hot Dogs or Sausages
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons almond milk*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- 2 slices black olives cut in half
- 4 grape tomatoes ends cut off
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a small sheet tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut the hot dogs into spiders. Leave 1 inch in the center completely intact. Cut each side into quarters by making two cuts each. Set aside.
- Make the dough. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, flax seed meal, gelatin and salt. Mix well. Add in the almond milk, egg and honey (if using). Mix until well combined and dough holds together. Divide into 4 equal portions. Take each piece and patty it into a strip about 1/3 inch thick and wrap it around the middle part of a hot dog. Squeeze to make sure it’s tightly sealed. Repeat with remaining dough and dogs.
- Cut the ends of the grape tomatoes and use those as the eyes. Gently press them in. Use the black olive half and the smiley face. Bake 17-19 minutes, until legs have separated and dough is golden brown.
*Use coconut milk to make nut free.