Cabbage and Grass-Fed Sausage Skillet
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 1/4 c low-sodium broth divided
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Polish sausage
- Sliced 1/2 head of green cabbage shredded
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup green peas
- Green onion diced, for topping
- Cook rice in 2 cups of broth, according to package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, add EVOO to a large skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add sausage and cook until browned (3-5 minutes) and remove from pan. Keep warm. Don't wipe out skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until slightly caramelized. Add in garlic, salt, and paprika and stir. Add cabbage to the skillet and mix.
- While cabbage is cooking, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and 1/4 cup broth in small bowl. Pour half the mixture over the cabbage, mix, and cook until cabbage is tender and liquid has reduced.
- Add in peas, rice and sausage. Once peas are heated through, pour the rest of mustard mixture over the cabbage, mix and top with green onions. Enjoy!
Note: Can take less time depending on type of rice used and method of cooking