Kielbasa Bites with Apricot Mustard
Recipe by Bravo TV's Top Chef Season 5 winner, Hosea Rosenberg
- 1 package Teton Waters Ranch Polish Sausage
- 1 box ready to bake puff pastry sheets
- ½ C Dried Apricots
- ¼ C Water
- ¼ C Champagne Vinegar
- 2 T Brown Sugar
- ¼ C Dijon Mustard
- Small bunch parsley optional
- Cut sausage into 1/4" circles.
- Using ring cutter, cut puff pastry into circles that are slightly larger in diameter than the sausage pieces.
- Using a fork, poke holes in puff pastry circles. Place sausage in center of pastry circles, and put on baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until pastry has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly. Transfer to serving platter.
- Garnish with apricot mustard (recipe below) & parsley and enjoy!
- TIP: If any of the pastry pieces rise to one side, and the sausage starts to fall off, quickly push sausage back down in center and return to the oven.
- Chop apricots into small pieces.
- Place in small pot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn down to simmer and add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes more and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place in blender and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Spoon small amount of mustard on top of “Frenchies on a Rug” bites. Top with tiny garnish of parsley if desired.