Whole30 Pineapple & Grass-Fed Sausage Skewers with Whole30 BBQ Sauce
A paleo-friendly tropical twist on grilled sausage! Smothered in tangy whole30 barbecue, these 100% Grass-Fed Dinner Sausages combine with the rich sweetness of grilled pineapple to create a kebab you’ll want to fire up the grill for all summer long.
- 2 packages TWR 100% Grass-Fed Dinner Sausages (without cheese to follow Whole30)
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 2 Limes
- Cilantro finely chopped
Whole30 BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 12 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1 orange peeled & squeezed
- 1/4 White Onion minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add all Homemade Whole30 BBQ sauce ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together. Transfer to blender – blend until there is an even, smooth consistency.
- Add sauce to a small-medium saucepan over medium heat. Let sauce come to a boil, reduce to low-heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir sauce every few minutes. Remove from heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator. Let sauce cool for approximately 1 hour before serving.
- Preheat Grill to 350°F
- Chop the pineapple, red onion, and bell peppers into bite size or 1×1 inch pieces.
- Slice TWR Dinner Sausages diagonally or into bite size pieces.
- Gently place ingredients onto wooden skewers, alternating between fruit, vegetables, and sausage.
- Place skewers on the grill, let cook for 8-10 minutes – rotating every 2 minutes.
- Brush Homemade Whole30 BBQ sauce on the skewers, remove from grill.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy!