Hot Dog Pasta Recipe
This is a quick and easy, kid friendly meal. Enjoy it anytime but especially during a busy work week when you need to get a satisfying dinner on the table quickly.
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ large onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 16 oz short pasta like penne
- 32 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 packages of Teton Waters Ranch hot dogs sliced
- 2 cups olives pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup parsley finely minced
- ¼ parmesan cheese to taste optional
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box.Meanwhile, place a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, over low heat and melt the butter.
- When the butter is melted, increase heat to medium, remove the lid, and add the onions and sauté until they are transparent – about 5 minutes – but don’t let them brown.Add the garlic, and sauté for one minute.
- Turn off the pan, replace the lid, and leave it on the burner to stay warm until pasta is cooked.
- Drain pasta then add it to the pan with the onions and garlic, add the marinara sauce, water, cream, hot dogs, and olives. Gently stir to combine all ingredients, which will be mostly covered with liquid.
- Return the lid to the pot and cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, then open the pot and cook another 1-2 minutes until the sauce is the desired consistency.
- Divide pasta dish equally into 6 serving bowls, top with parsley and parmesan cheese, serve immediately.