Grilled Grass-Fed Beef Sausage and Broccoli
Recipe by Bravo TV's Top Chef Season 5 winner, Hosea RosenbergImage created by IG user @honest_avocadoIf you can handle a meal created by a Top Chef winner, this recipe is for you!
- 4 Links of either Classic Bratwurst Spicy Andouille or Hardwood Smoked Teton Waters Ranch Sausage
- 2 big heads of broccoli
- Half red onion
- ¼ c white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ c Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey or 1 tsp sugar
- In a small bowl add Dijon mustard. Add minced garlic, honey (or sugar), vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Grilled Sausage & Veggies
- Get your grill pre-heated – if it is a gas grill this will take about 20 minutes with the cover down on high.
- Clean broccoli and cut off the stem leaving ~ 2 inches of the stem.
- Split broccoli in half lengthwise creating a flat face out of the floret. Trim any excess leaves. (Save the scrap for broccoli soup or stir fry later!)
- Bring a deep pot of very salted water, and set up a separate bowl with ice water.
- Place broccoli in the boiling water in batches for three minutes.
- Once the three minutes is up, transfer the broccoli to the ice water making sure it's fully submerged.
- Once all of the broccoli is blanched let it sit in the ice water for as long as possible (30 min. is ideal.) Finally strain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, slice red onion into large crosswise into thick ring cuts.
- Dress broccoli and onion with a little neutral oil (canola, canola olive blend, grapeseed oil), plus salt, and pepper.
- Grill the broccoli and onion for 4 min each side or to desired level of char.
- Lightly prick sausages with a tooth pick or fork so they don’t burst from cooking
- Grill the sausage until cooked through
- Remove everything from the grill to a cutting board. Slice up the sausage, and vegetables in to bite size pieces.
- Place sausage and veggie mixture into the bowl of vinaigrette and toss together.
- Optional, serve over rice, quinoa or fresh greens.