Sausage and Rice Casserole
A delicious, creamy and savory sausage and rice casserole that is perfect as the main meal or as a side dish.
- 1 lb Spicy Breakfast Sausage
- 1 tbs Butter softened (to grease the casserole dish)
- 10.5 oz Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 10.5 oz Canned Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 1/2 c Celery diced
- 1 c White Long Grain Rice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 c Sharp Cheddar Cheese freshly grated
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Cook the breakfast sausage in a skillet, crumble and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a rectangle baking dish well with a tablespoon of softened butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients together. NOTE: Do not dilute the creamed soups.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 1 ½ Hours.
- Halfway through baking, carefully pull the oven rack out and gently turn the casserole mixture.