Sauerkraut & Sausage Casserole with Cauliflower
Oktoberfest is getting a low-carb upgrade with this Sauerkraut & Sausage Casserole made with cauliflower vs potatoes! Have you ever tried swapping cauliflower for potatoes in your favorite recipes? Now, you might be thinking we’re a little crazy for using cauliflower instead of potatoes in this low-carb casserole recipe, but hear us out. Cauliflower is much lower in carbohydrates and calories than potatoes, and still adds great texture to recipes like this one! It absorbs the flavor of the seasonings used, and is an easy way to make any potato recipe a little bit lighter.
- 2 packages Teton Waters Ranch 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausages sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower rough chopped
- 1 16- ounce bag sauerkraut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes more.
- Stir in sausage pieces, cauliflower and sauerkraut, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in preheated oven to cook for 30-35 minutes.