Grass-Fed Beef Chili Dog
This Chili Dog recipe made with 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef sets the bar for chili dogs everywhere. After just one bite, you’ll be sending this recipe to everyone you know.
- 8 pieces Whole30 Bacon
- 1 white onion diced into very small pieces
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups beef broth
- Avocado to garnish
- Teton Waters Ranch Classic or Bun Length Hot Dogs
- STOVETOP: In a large skillet over medium heat, brown bacon for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Next, brown ground beef in bacon fat. Once browned, discard excess fat. Add onion and olive oil to pan and sauté for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except cooked bacon) to the pan and let simmer on low/medium for 30 minutes. Just before serving, add bacon bits to pan.
- SLOW COOKER: Brown bacon in a skillet and break up into small pieces. Add all remaining ingredients and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours.
- PRESSURE COOKER: Turn to sauté mode and add bacon, onion, olive oil and ground beef. Once browned, add remaining ingredients and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Let pressure naturally release. Break up pieces of bacon.
- For the Chili Dogs, roast sweet potatoes in tin foil at 400 for an hour, flipping halfway.
- Grill Teton Waters Ranch Hot Dogs for 4-5 minutes each side, flipping once.
- To assemble: stuff roasted sweet potato with TWR hot dog and chili on top.