Grass-Fed Beef Burger with Grilled Vegetables and Pesto Tapenade
Recipe by Bravo TV's Top Chef Season 5 winner, Hosea Rosenberg Photography by IG User @honest_avocado The best way to build summer’s favorite sandwich is with delights from the garden! You can switch out or add other veggies like yellow squash, green or orange peppers, yellow onion, and more if you want to change it up! This can be made dairy-free by omitting the swiss cheese.
- 1 Package of sea salt & cracked pepper Teton Waters Ranch Burgers
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green zucchini
- 1 large red onion
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch basil ~1 oz
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ C pine nuts
- 1 C pitted Kalamata OR Castelvetrano olives
- ¼ C extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese optional
- 4 of your favorite burger buns
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your grill (medium-high) and make sure the grill grates are cleaned and ready to be cooked on.
- Place whole red bell pepper on grill. Turn occasionally until each side is well charred and blackened. Transfer to small bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let steam and cook for about 15 minutes. Gently peel charred skin off. Remove stem and seeds, and slice into 12 even thick strips. Set aside.
- Gently toast pine nuts in a sauté pan (or in a pre-heated [toaster] oven at 400 degrees) for 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Slice red onion into four thick rounds about ½ inch thick and set aside on baking dish or large rimmed plate.
- Trim both ends of the zucchini. Split in half crosswise, and cut each half into 4 equal sized planks lengthwise. Set next to onion slices.
- In small mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Gently pour over onions and zucchini and make sure all sides are coated. Be careful to not separate rings of onions. They will grill better if left together.
- Combine basil, garlic, remaining ¼ C olive oil, olives, toasted pine nuts, a pinch of salt and pepper to taste in food processor. Process mixture to a uniform, slightly chunky paste, for approximately 2-3 minutes, using a spatula to scrape down the mixture into the processer as necessary. Set aside.
- Grill the marinated onions and zucchini for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until nicely charred but not burnt. Remove and keep warm.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook on both sides until just shy of desired temperature. During the final minute of cooking, carefully layer the onions, zucchini, and peppers on top of burgers.
- Top each with slice of cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
- Toast the buns if desired.
- Remove all items from the grill. Generously spread tapenade on both sides of the buns, and set stacked burgers on bun.
- Feel free to add any of your favorite additional burger condiments, plus lettuce, pickles, etc.
- Enjoy immediately with a cold beverage and some chips!